- Extends seismic resolution without boosting undesirable noise
- Enhances and broadens the frequency spectrum of 2D and 3D seismic data
- Compensates for the inherent whitening of seismic data during processing
- Available as standalone with connections to SEGY, OpenWorks®, SeisWorks®, and GeoFrame*
- Available as a plug-in for Petrel* software and as a plug-in to OpendTect
- See blueing in real time with our Graphic Viewer for seismic data.
Observed behaviour of reflectivity data obtained from wells shows that in a global sense the higher the frequencies the higher the amplitude. We refer to this as the spectrum being blue. During the processing of seismic data the amplitudes are often whitened. Spectral shaping of seismic data using SSB can enhance resolution without boosting noise to an unacceptable level.
Benefits of SSB
SSB sections are usually easier to interpret and reveal more information about the subsurface. Small scale faulting, not seen on the original section, is often observed. Such additional information can be useful during well planning. SSB is rapid, easy to use, inexpensive, robust and does not require expert users. SSB seamlessly connects with third party seismic and well data repositories (including SeisWorks, OpenWorks and GeoFrame) using our client/server technology. SSB is also available as an OpendTect plugin and can be downloaded from the OpendTect downloads center. This allows SSB analysis, operator design and processing to be performed without separately importing or exporting data..
Application support and maintenance
With a support and maintenance contract from ARK CLS Limited, clients can download software updates in the form of new releases and patches.