A great opportunity to get started in software engineering for the earth sciences
Do you have a strong computing background and/or degree level Computer Science, Physics, Maths or Earth Science? Are you looking for an interesting and challenging position open to graduates entering the workforce for the first time?
Can you offer the skills we need and the eagerness and capacity to learn and improve?
Do you want to contribute to the fantastic tight-knit team at ARK CLS developing first-class software for the geoscience sector?
You need to have some experience in
Also useful would be experience in
- Experience in developing software under Qt
- Geoscience techniques as used in the Oil and Gas industry
- Application development on Linux and/or Windows
- Working in an agile environment
Your role requires
- A passion for problem solving
- Ability to become competent in the ARK CLS software and in your understanding of the mathematical, physical and geophysical basis of the technologies
- Supporting clients and contributing new ideas.
- Participation in analysing, designing and developing new products
- Working in an Agile environment
- Being a good communicator and able to write clear operational documentation
- Ability to work using your own initiative
We can offer you
- A friendly, light and airy office a few minutes’ walk from a country park
- An opportunity for remote working
- 9 day fortnight – work 9 slightly longer days with every second Friday off
- Relocation allowance if appropriate
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunities for career development in a growing business
- Bonuses dependent on profitability
This position is based in the United Kingdom. Applicants without permission to live and work in the UK may not apply.
All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies please