A Great Opportunity in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry
Would you like to join ARK CLS to develop powerful geoscience software for our clients in the upstream oil and gas industry?
Do you have a strong computing background and perhaps degree level Physics, Maths or Earth Science? If you’re looking for an interesting and challenging position this could be it.
Can you offer the skills and experience we need or the eagerness and capacity to learn? Have you experience in any of these?
- Object Oriented C++
- C# experience
- Experience in developing software under Qt
- Geoscience techniques as used in the Oil and Gas industry
- Application development on Linux and/or Windows
- Working in an agile environment
Your role requires
- A passion for problem solving
- Competence in the ARK CLS software and in your understanding of the mathematical, physical and geophysical basis of the technologies
- Supporting clients and contributing new ideas
- Participation in analysing, planning, designing and developing new products
- Working in an Agile environment
- Being a good communicator and able to write clear operational documentation
- Ability to work under your own initiative
We can offer you
- A friendly, light and airy office a few minutes’ walk from a country park
- Opportunities for career development in a growing business
- Opportunity to be involved in the big picture
- 9 day fortnight – work 9 longer days with every second Friday off
- Relocation allowance if appropriate
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- bonus dependent on company profitability
Salary offered is between £ 25,000 – £ 35,000 dependent on skills and experience.
This position is based in the United Kingdom. Applicants without current permission to live and work in the UK may not apply but we may sponsor you if you are studying in the UK currently on a Tier 4 visa or if you are working for another employer in the UK on a Tier 2 visa.
No recruitment agencies please